Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Finders Keepers

So I like to frequent thrift stores, especially the local Deseret Industries, which is Utah's version of a Goodwill. I have on occasion found some really neat things such as a cute dress-made-into-skirt or cute childrens' books. The other day I went with a mission: to look for fun fall decor, or things that could be turned into cute fall decor. I wasn't disappointed.

Here are my findings:

* 5 vases
* 1 candle
* 1 pumpkin candle holder
* 4 cornucopias
* 1 ball of string
* 3 books
* 1 bag of wooden Halloween items (cat, ghost, and pumpkins)
* 1 bag of plastic fruit (for cornucopias)
* 1 misc. holder (I have no idea what you call it. It's in the back on the right side.)

How much, you ask? A whopping $20! I was excited. I plan on getting some tree branches with colorful leaves or wheat stalks to put in the vases. Maybe some pumpkins and gourds to put in the one holder thingy (what is it called???). But I'm pretty excited. Oh I should mention the books will turn into pumpkins ... at midnight! Just kidding, but their destiny is to become book pumpkins as pictured here:


Isn't that neat? I have one that's a graphic novel, which I thought would have a cool effect. It's one of my first projects ever to do from an idea that I found on Pinterest. Now I just need to finish it...

Have you had success at thrift stores and what did you find?

1 comment:

  1. I'd call it a wire basket, but I wouldn't trust me. My idea of home decor is getting more bookshelves.

    ReplyDelete