Sunday, September 25, 2011

Bloggers Girls' Night Out

This last week was full of girls' night outs with the trip to Provo to see a famous author to the General Relief Society Meeting (which I'll write about soon) but Friday night's GNO (girls' night out) was completely different. With this event, I knew one person and only barely.

I met Kaysi of Keeping it Simple (a crafty blog) one day when she asked on Facebook if anyone in the Salt Lake area would like free scrapbooking supplies. Since I'm a sucker for freebies, I was the first to answer yes. So we arranged to meet. It was pretty fun getting to know her if only for a few minutes, but she invited me to a blogger's night out at the Cheesecake Factory in Murray. I thought, Why not? But as Friday came closer, I had my misgivings. I would know no one, except for Kaysi, and would be a little out of place with all the other crafty girls there (ok yes, I'm crafty, but not like these people who sell what they make)

Well, I arrive at the designated time, get seated (not after waiting forever realizing that I don't know what or who to look for) and then, gasp! I actually enjoy myself.

I met these fabulous girls:



and ate this fabulous dessert:
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup cheesecake. I died. And went to paradise. And I saved some for Jed - aren't I the best wifey?

I even won a prize (actually, we all did) and will use it for the next baby shower (rolled up burp clothes so they look like a piece of candy - way cute!).
At the end, I was so glad I went. I met some really neat ladies and one even lives pretty close to me. 

Lesson to you all: Get. Out. Of. Your. Comfort. Zone. Fun things'll happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment