Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What to do?

So I've been married nearly two weeks and I've fallen into my role as a hardworking housewife. Fallen or maybe even tripped, but I'm in it, nonetheless. However, I was surprised at the challenge that was now in front of me. What do I do now? Should I look for work? What hobby(ies) should I pursue? These questions have been swirling in my mind.

In the employment sector, I got a surprise call from the company that owns the Idaho Falls Post Register and a couple of area weekly papers. The lady who called me gave me a phone interview right then and there. The position is for a general assignment reporter which would work between the Shelley and Rigby weekly papers reporting on various assignments and then working once a week for the Post Register. Being unprepared, I was nervous during the interview, but gained confidence as the interview went on. I was pretty excited about the idea of working for a newspaper again. I need to keep up my skills.

Other ideas for hobbies that I've had include scrapbooking, sewing and gardening. I've got a basic start on supplies for scrapbooking, and would be most interested in that. As for sewing, I don't have a machine nor do I have a clue what I would be doing! I would need to start out pretty basic for that. Gardening would be a fun outside hobby, and thanks to my roommates, I've started with a tomato plant. Unfortunately, I've not been very diligent with trying to keep it alive. I would be surprised if it produced any tomatoes.

So now I petition all my loyal followers: anyone have any ideas for me on what I should do to fill my time? How have you handled free time in the past?

3 comments:

  1. I picked up scrapbooking, but digital scrapbooking. That way it's just like design and what I do all day at work. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you do digital scrapbooking? That sounds fun and interesting! Also, I go to the beach for my free time...not sure how you can do that. Maybe build a reading list and read the books on it? I think the newspaper thing will be good...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah that the Post Register called you (finally!) I hope that works out for you! As far as hobbies are concerned, just make sure to find one you can be passionate about. if you're only lukewarm about it, you won't stick with it, so don't do it. I'm sure you'll pick something great! And I'm glad to know that married life agrees with you!

    ReplyDelete