Monday, June 29, 2009

Life in the married lane


So here it comes: the post on life after the wedding. What can I say? It was just beautiful. I was so blessed to have so many friends and family there supporting Jed and me.

Friday night, I had my "bachelorette's party," which really was a get together with some pretty fun girlfriends, including my sisters, mother, mother- and sister-in-law. We played silly games and swapped stories about Jed and me.

As we neared the end of the night, Beatriz, Jed's convert who came from New Jersey for the wedding, shared with us a touching story. I asked her why she like Jed so much. She told us how Jed gave her a blessing, helping her through a rough time right before her baptism. She said she gained a testimony of the priesthood because of Jed and his humility. I loved it.

The actual wedding day was wonderful. Of course I felt the normal nervousness and worries that most brides-to-be feel, but I knew my decision was right and that it was the right place at the right time and with the right person. I was so very happy.

Now, real life begins. The engagement was such a pause on real life, and now, we have to hit the ground running. Jed and I have been through so many challenges together already. It's nice to know that we can handle challenges together and with God. Now, I feel complete. I am no longer one person, but part of a whole, and it feels wonderful. This is how God intended for it to be.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Sarah! The pictures look like it was a beautiful day. I saw some of your bridals on Kristie's blog. So exciting and wonderful. Married life is wonderful. You'll love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you two. And I'm excited to see what grand adventures you guys go on next in this new and wonderful change in your life.

    ReplyDelete