Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Getting into the holiday spirit



I want this Christmas to be extra special. Not only because I have a little boy for whom I want to establish traditions, but because I'm at home where I have free reign over what I do (with the exception of said little boy's wants and needs.)

So for the month of December, I am going to do something special each day, mostly in the form of service. I decided I can't just only serve my son and hubby, but others as well. I've compiled a list of things to do: caroling, watching someone's child, baking goodies and taking them to the sisters I visit teach, those sorts of things. Come to think of it, I need to think of more ideas... I'll get to that later.

Also, I'll enhance my focus on the Savior with a more dedicated scripture study and meaningful personal prayer. I admit ... those are the first to fall down in the list of priorities at times. I want this Christmas to really mean something to me. I want to get to know my Savior better.

For how aknoweth a man the master whom he has not served, and who is a stranger unto him, and is far from the thoughts and intents of his heart? (Mosiah 5:13)
 That's right. So I'll periodically report to you how things are going. I'm excited - a sort of countdown to Christmas Sarah Roberts' style. You're welcome to join me as you celebrate this season in your own way because, after all, it's His time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment