Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Two hours? Riiiiight.

Soon after Jed and I got married, I went on a shopping rampage and bought tons of things. In my frenzy, I bought things that I couldn't necessarily work with at the moment. One of them were instructions to make an apron and fabric - it was so cute!! Only problem was that I didn't have a sewing machine. However, I anticipated that such a necessity would soon make its appearance in our home.

Christmas comes, and Santa made that dream come true. 'Course Santa had to make sure I was actually going to put it to use. Luckily, Jed convinced him. Santa had wondered because in the past, I had shown an aversion to anything sewing. Needless to say, I had a change of heart.

Well, skipping much of the details and frustrations, I completed this "2-hour apron" in 3 days or so. And trust me when I say it doesn't look all that great. If you saw it in person, you could tell a complete amateur did it. But I was very proud of myself. And I have resolved to improve, especially my stitching. Only time will tell.


Since you can't tell very well, the snowflake like images are actually forks and spoons spread out. I really fell in love with the simple design of the fabric.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you Sarah for trying something new! For some people at least marriage does seem to bring the domestic arts right out. And it's always good to try new hobbies. The apron looks really cute. You'll get even better with practice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! We all have to start somewhere and why not with ourselves. That way if it doesn't turn out as well as hoped then no one has to know but us and it's all up from there! You should come sew with all us other sista's some time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, did you know that the girl that designed that fabric went to BYU-I and designed it while at school?
    Good job with the apron. Isn't sewing so much fun!

    ReplyDelete