Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Thinking more than acting

Hello faithful readers!!

I've missed writing so consistently. I think I needed a break from being responsible for something. Especially since the honeymoon last week, my creative juices have taken a break as well. Although, I did have fun with the camera and used my creative eye more than I have in a while. The beautiful creations in nature have this way of calling to us mortals. This happened to me with these flowers at Lake Tahoe...


... and this goose on the shoreline...


...and our feet in the coarse sand (this is my personal favorite)...


...and even man-made things colorful enough to grab the attention like these flags in San Francisco...


...and man-made nature things like this pond in a park in Reno, NV.


But these images are just a few of millions I've filed away for memories. What a blessing to see these things through my eyes. For other pictures, go to the other blog.

As we returned back to reality, my creativity has taken a blow. Even before vacation, I struggled with my articles I was writing for the newspaper in Rigby. They lacked ... something. It wasn't the subject matter, but the content was boring! Each week as I read an article of mine that had been published, I just shook my head and thought, Blech! And I have a degree in this?

It has been disheartening, but also somewhat of a motivation for me to improve. How is the question. How can I improve my writing? How can I garner more passion for this supposed hobby, skill, profession of mine? What am I missing?

I'm going to get to the bottom of this before I quit this freelance job. That's my promise to you, dear readers, and you had all better hold me to it. I sure do need some cheerleaders in my corner.

1 comment:

  1. Rah rah rah!! Go Sarah GO!!!!!!! You can do it. Take some time and get your thoughts in order, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete